Not all hosting platforms are created equal.
I’ve been working with a design client since this spring whose website has had so many problems that are a direct result of the hosting platform it’s on.
And that’s in addition to all the issues we had to fix, remove, and debug in the redesign and rebuild of her site to begin with. (Which was a total nightmare!)
My top 3 favorite hosts, in order, are:
- Flywheel (managed WP hosting)
- Pantheon (WP and Drupal hosting)
- WPEngine (managed WP hosting)
And I’m an agency partner for all 3.
The reason I like these 3 are:
- They all have staging site options so you can change, update, redesign, and test new themes and plugins and new looks all without damaging your live site. And then when you’re ready, updating the live site is as easy as clicking a button.
- Each of them offer SSL certificates for free when your site is hosted on their servers.
- All of them have fantastic customer support and offer free migrations from other providers.
Yes, they’re a little more expensive than a standard, run-of-the-mill host but you’re going to get top-notch performance and tools like automated backups, global CDNs, and many more features that other hosts charge extra for.
And yes, you can certainly go with a less expensive platform, but don’t have a fit when things go wrong.
If you’re interested in a new or redesigned site, reach out and let’s talk. I’ll build you a rock-solid site on a rock-solid platform that will last you for YEARS.
And yes, I mean YEARS. I have a handful of client sites I built between 2010 and 2013 that ARE STILL GOING STRONG. Still using the same build I built for them back then. All we’ve had to do is regular maintenance to the sites and that’s it.
This is the difference between creating a top-notch site on a great hosting service and. . . not.